International Center for Nano Technology
and Applied Adhesion
Bibhu Prasad Swain
- PhD thesis: Study of hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbon alloys deposited by hot wire chemical vapor deposition.
- M. Tech thesis: Synthesis and characterization of Nb/Cu multilayer by e-beam deposition.
Editor / Referee :
Editor : World Journal of Condensed Matter Physics
•Elsevier: Thin Solid Films, Materials Science and Engineering B, Vacuum, Applied Surface Science, Journal of Noncrystalline solids, Materials Research Bulletin, Surface Coating Technology, Solid State Sciences and Solar cell and Solar Cell Materials
•American Institute of Physics: Applied Physics Letter, Journal of Applied Physics.
•Wiley Periodicals: Applied Polymer Science, Physica Status Solidi b, Physica Status Solidi a
•American Chemical Society: ACS Applied Materials and Interface, Chemistry of Materials.
•The Electrochemical society publications: Journal of Electrochemical Society
•American Scientific Publication: Materials Express
•Springer: Journal of Electronic Materials
- Teaching Assistant: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (January 2001-March 2005)
- Project Assistant: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (March 2005-August 2005)
- Project Scientist: Indian Institute of technology, Kanpur (September 2005- July 2006)
- Postdoctoral Fellow: University of Cape Town, South Africa (September 2005-January 2007)
- Brain Korea 21 Fellow: Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea (January 2007- November 2008)
- JSPS Fellow: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan (November 2008-November 2010)
- Assistant Professor, International Centre for Nanotechnology, SMIT, Sikkim (May 2011 – July 2012)
- Associate Professor, Materials Science and Nanotechnology, SMIT (July 2012 - till date)
- Amorphous and nanocrystalline semiconductors
- Photovoltaics cells materials
- Hard and soft coating materials
- Chemical vapor deposition and Physical vapor deposition
- Surface passivation and surface modification
 Bhabani S. Swain, Bibhu P. Swain, Nong M. Hwang, Hydrogen dilution-induced chemical state modifications in silicon nanowires, Journal of Physical Chemistry C,114 (2010) 15274–15279.
 Bhabani S. Swain, Bibhu P. Swain, Nong M. Hwang, Investigation of plasmon loss and valence band structure of silicon nanowires deposited by atmospheric pressure chemical vapour deposition. Journal of Applied Physics, 108 (2010) 073709-073714.
 Bibhu P. Swain, H. Takato, I. Sakata. Wet chemical surface passivation of germanium wafers by quinhydrone-methanol treatment for minority carrier lifetime measurements, Applied Physics Express, 2 (2009) 10551.
 Bibhu P. Swain, Bhabani S. Swain, Sung H. Park, Nong M. Hwang, Plasmon loss and valence band structure of silicon-based alloys deposited by hot wire chemical vapor deposition, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,480 (2009) 878–881.
 Bibhu P. Swain, The analysis of carbon bonding environments in the HWCVD deposited a-SiC:H films by XPS and Raman spectroscopy. Surface Coating Technology 201(2006)1589-1593.
 Bibhu P. Swain, Rajiv O. Dusane, Multiphase structure of hydrogen diluted a-SiC:H deposited by HWCVD. Material Chemistry and Physics 99 (2006) 240-246. Bibhu P. Swain, H. Takato, Z. N. Liu, I. Sakata, Ambient Stability of Wet Chemically Passivated Germanium Wafer for Crystalline Solar cells, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells,95(2011)84-88.