International Center for Nano Technology
and Applied Adhesion
Sikkim Manipal University of Health, medical and
Technological Sciences came into existence on November 15,
1992 as a result of the agreement signed between the
Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Pai Foundation. The
University has two constituent colleges namely Sikkim
Manipal Institute of Technology and Sikkim Manipal Institute
of Medical Sciences.
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology was established in 1997 as a constituent college of Sikkim Manipal University and is approved by AICTE. All Engineering departments of SMIT has accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and also accredited by ISO 9001. The engineering college has its own campus at Majitar, Rangpo East Sikkim. The institute’s location on the banks of river Teesta, surrounded by green hills, adds to the vibrancy of the campus and makes it an ideal place for learning.
International Centre of Nanotechnology & Applied Adhesion (SMIT)
SMU has signed MOU with Adhesion Institute, faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), The Netherlands to establish an International centre for Nanotechnology & Applied Adhesion (ICNTAA). It has 11 internationally acclaimed experts around the world as advisors.
• To develop State of the Art infrastructure on Nanotechnology & Applied Adhesion with know-how assistance from TU Delft.
• To execute collaborative Projects and Research & Development with high international standard.
• To generate indigenous technology and transfer this cutting edge knowledge to various leading organizations like: ISRO, NAL,
DRDO, HAL, TATA, BARC etc.
• To generate funding from various National and International Organizations.
• To explore more international collaboration with other reputed universities and research organization across the world.